As a non-vegan outsider, I decided to do some research and list plant-based foods often found in a vegan diet. Getting enough protein is very important when trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle without meat.
Plant-based foods generally include fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts, and seeds.
Isagenix Plant-Based Whole Blend Shake mixes contain 24 grams of protein!
List Plant-Based Foods
Eating plant-based foods alone can have many health benefits, but it's very still very important to eat foods that have high-protein content per serving.
Here are 15 foods I found that are best suited for plant-based proteins;
- Tofu, tempeh, and edamame
- Ezekiel bread
- beans with rice
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Mycoprotein (meat substitutes)
- Dark-colored, leafy greens and vegetables
Hey, check out this great article for how to grow Brussel Sprouts. ?
Veggie Plant-Based Food Pyramid
Getting to know the veggie plant-based food pyramid is crucial for vegans and vegetarians. Choosing the best nutrient-dense vegetables can be somewhat challenging at times, but necessary if you want to maintain a healthy well-being.
The food groups vegans eat from are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and compounds that help protect against certain diseases.
There are different types of vegan diets but here are some of the most common foods to include.
Healthful Whole-Food vegan diet foods;
- Whole grains
- Bread, Rice, and Pasta
- Soymilk, coconut milk, and almond milk
- Vegetable oils
Raw-Food Vegan Diet foods are based on raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, or plant foods cooked at temperatures below 118 degrees Fahrenheit.
Less healthful foods include;
- Sugary juices
- Refined grains
- Fried potatoes
(A vegan diet excludes all animal products. Many people choose to eat this way for ethical, environmental, or health reasons.)
What Vegans don't eat;
- Beef, pork, lamb, and other red meat
- Chicken, duck, and other poultry
- Fish or shellfish such as crabs, clams, and mussels
- Cheese, butter
- Milk, cream, ice cream, and other dairy products
Benefits of Plant-Based Diets
Plant-based dieting has many advantages, including a smaller waistline and your general well-being. Choosing the right plant-based foods matters most when trying to get the most health benefits from your diet.
There have been studies on people following a vegetarian or vegan diet that have been linked to having more health benefits than those who ate meat.
Some research suggests that on average, those who choose plant-based diets are less likely to be overweight than omnivores.
Other research has linked a plant-based eating pattern with better weight management and improved long-term health.
These studies found the nutritional quality of food choices was the most important factor in long-term health benefits.
Having the lifestyle of a vegan or vegetarian may not be the right choice for everyone, but studies suggest that anyone can enjoy the advantages of plant-based nutrition by simply making more healthful food choices.
Other Health Benefits Include;
- Better Heart Health
- Lower Risk for Heart Disease
- Less likely to have High Cholesterol or Blood Pressure
- Less likely to get diabetes and certain cancers
Isagenix Plant-Based Whole Blend Shakes
First of all, although I'm not vegan or vegetarian, I understand the importance of knowing the ingredients. Keep in mind, Isagenix knows the products inside out and took time creating something great for everyone.
Plant-Based Whole Blend IsaLean Shakes are vitamin-rich, dairy-free, and hunger-satisfying.
Chose flavors; Rich Chocolate, Vanilla Chai, and/or Strawberry – mix and match to your liking. They come in bags or individual packs depending on your needs.
Nothing else to say about it—plant-based and protein-packed!
Our Plant-based IsaLean Shakes are a nutrient-loaded meal replacement that delivers quality dairy-free, plant-based protein, energy-fueling carbohydrates, good fats, and filling fiber you need to maintain good health!
Check out a breakdown of all the goodness that goes into these delicious shakes below!
- Whole-grain brown rice protein: The smooth-tasting hypoallergenic protein source extracted from whole-grain brown rice supplies key amino acids including arginine, cysteine, and methionine.
- Pea protein isolate: The protein concentrate from peas offers a high concentration of branched-chain amino acids and lysine for a complete amino acid profile. It's also a slow-digesting protein that helps increase satiety.
- Acai berry, apple, banana, beet, butternut squash, carrot, kale, pomegranate, pumpkin, sweet potato, and spinach
- Evaporated cane juice (cane sugar): A natural source of sugar from the sugar cane plant.
- Molasses powder: A product of drying pure molasses from the sugar cane plant that includes natural minerals and a more complex flavor.
- Monk fruit extract: The extract of fruit from the monk tree provides sweetness with fewer calories and helps to decrease the total amount of sugar needed.
- Whole-grain rice milk powder: Modified rice flour supplying complex carbohydrates that allow for the replacement of milk in helping to give the product a creamy texture.
- Sunflower oil powder: The main source of fat in dairy-free IsaLean Shakes because of its naturally high composition of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats including linoleic (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3).
- Olive oil powder: Rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids, specifically oleic acid.
- Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs): Extracted from coconut oil, it's a source of fat that is more readily absorbed and digested because of its relatively smaller chain length than other saturated fats.
- Isomaltooligosaccharide powder: A natural digestion-resistant starch that acts as a prebiotic soluble fiber, supporting the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Chia seed powder: An extract from the seed of the chia plant that supplies insoluble fiber and also happens to contain omega-3 fatty acids.
- Flaxseed powder: A quality source of insoluble fiber that also happens to supply alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid.
- Xanthan gum: A natural gum that acts as a soluble fiber and is used as a thickener in the IsaLean Shake Dairy-Free.
Here are the ingredients for the most popular IsaLean Whole Blend Plant-Based Shake “Rich Chocolate Flavor”;
Ingredients (in a nutshell):
Phyto-IsaLean Complex (fava bean protein isolate, mung bean protein concentrate, pea protein concentrate), soluble vegetable fiber, cocoa powder, sunflower oil powder, medium-chain triglyceride oil powder, molasses powder, natural flavors, cellulose, chia seed powder, xanthan gum, Ionic Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) stem and leaf extract, vegetable extract blend (broccoli, spinach, kale, pumpkin, sweet potato, sunflower seed, kelp, chlorella, maitake mushroom, shiitake mushroom), sea salt, stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) leaf extract, Lactobacillus acidophilus.
FEEL SO GOOD!
- Feel more energized
- Feel fuller
- Feel confident in your nutrition
- All with a meal replacement shake that supports healthy weight loss and lean muscle maintenance.
NUTRIENT DENSE SHAKE
- Essential nutrients from fruits and veggies
- High-quality protein
- Energy-Boosting carbs
- Good Fats
- Clean eating is now off your to-do list
IsaPro Plant-Based Protein – Get the essential amino acids your body needs with plant-based IsaPro.
Plant-based IsaLean Bar – This bar caters to those with dairy sensitivities or people who are looking for a plant-based protein to help support weight management while on the go.
Plant-based Harvest Thins – A savory solution to your snacking needs. These plant-based, protein-packed thins are filled with amazing flavor and come in convenient, 100-calorie packs.
Isagenix Snacks – Contain a perfect balance of nutrients to help naturally satisfy your appetite to keep your weight-loss goals on track.
Plant-based Mini Pack – The plant-based mini pack is bursting with superfoods from whole fruits and vegetables, high-quality protein from pea and brown rice, full servings of organic greens, and 100% pure essential oils.
e+ Shots – Pick me up booster!
Where to Start –
Eat Better, Move Better, Feel Better
There are many benefits of plant-based dieting! The Isagenix team has yet again scored by meeting the needs of the vegan and vegetarian population, creating the perfect blend of ingredients without lacking the nutrients your body needs.
I've put together this Plant-Based Mini Pack to help get you started. It's customizable once you are signed up. 🙂
What you get with the Plant-Based Mini Pack
- 2 Plant-Based IsaLean Shakes
- 1 Ionix Supreme
- 1 Organic Greens
- 1 Essence by Isagenix Essential Oil — Lemon Essential Oil
The Plant-Based Mini Pack is bursting with superfoods from whole fruits and vegetables, high-quality protein from pea and brown rice, full servings of organic greens, and 100% pure essential oils. It's the perfect pack — not to mention, it's dairy-free and suitable for vegan lifestyles — to lift your plant-based routine to a new level.
30 – DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Our nutritional program is changing lives! You have an opportunity to try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked! It's a win-win opportunity towards a healthier new you!