If you are looking for the Easy Chicken Parmesan recipe, baked, this is a favorite of mine! If you are willing to try it this is one of the best Italian dishes ever!!
To make it even better…
It's healthy enough to fit into most diet plans without causing too much regret. 🙂
Also, check out Noom Food List pdf!
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe, Baked
Serving size = 4
- 1/4 Cup Panko Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Panko Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TSP Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 or 2 eggs scrambled
- 2 TBSP milk
- 4 Chicken Breast (1 pound)
- 1 1/2 Cups Marinara Sauce (just use your favorite Sauce!)
- 4 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 2-3 Zucchinis – Spiralized (recommended)
To prepare this dish:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, add the panko breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese along with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Blend all of these ingredients together.
- In another bowl, scramble the eggs and add in the milk.
- In a medium-size pot, add your favorite marinara sauce and season according to taste. Simmer on medium-high heat.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. (If you own an ovenproof skillet, this would be ideal)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 4 equal pieces. Using a meat tenderizer, pound each piece of chicken until equally flat. This will help them cook more evenly.
- Dip each chicken strip into the bowl with the egg mixture and let drip off the excess,
- With the wet hand, place the chicken breast individually into the bread crumb mixture. Using the dry hand, bread the chicken strip on both sides and place in the hot skillet.
- Do this with each chicken strip.
- Cook for approximately 3 or 4 minutes per side. The goal is to cook until the chicken is golden brown. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
- While in the ovenproof skillet or if you don't have one, transfer the chicken breast to an ovenproof casserole dish or pan. Bake for about 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the marinara sauce and a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken and return to the oven for a few more minutes.
- As the chicken finishes cooking start preparing the zucchini. If you have a spiralizer, then I suggest spiralizing each zucchini. If not, then cut the zucchini into thin strips.
- Saute the zucchini until it reaches the desired tenderness.
- When the chicken Parmesan is hot and the cheese is bubbling and lightly brown, remove it from the oven and serve it in a dish on top of the zucchini.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
If you try this Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe, Baked, and enjoyed it, please leave comments down below. I would love to know your opinions!
Yyyyeeessss!!! One of my favorite healthy recipes and my hubby likes it too!! ?
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so happy you and your hubby both enjoy this recipe as much as I do. 🙂
It really is delicious and easy to make. I appreciate your feedback!
Best of health,