3 Low-Calorie Shrimp Recipes
If you love shrimp and looking for new recipes, you may find these low-calorie shrimp recipes to your liking. In this post, I’ll share 3 wonderfully delicious shrimp recipes, one includes salmon and sides.
If you enjoy these recipes, you may find many others on this site that you might also like such as my; homemade chicken salad, chili, salsa, Southwest chicken salad, homemade jerky, and many others; all healthy, low-fat, low-carbs, and calories!
This post may contain affiliate links for more info visit my disclosure page.
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
300 calories per serving; excluding the mushrooms
If you love shrimp and Garlic, this may be your next favorite recipe! My fiancee wants me to make it at least once a week!
I bought my spiralizer from Amazon for a little over twenty dollars. “Spiralizer Ultimate 7 Strong and Heavy Duty Blades“; it’s great for Keto, Paleo, Gluten-free dieting. It suctions to the counter so that it won’t move when using it.
So far I’ve only used it for spiralizing zucchini, but it came with 4 recipe eBooks that I look forward to exploring later.
Let’s get to the recipe now! One of the best recipes I’ve found in a long time!
- 1 pound medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4 medium zucchini
- 8 ounces, sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter or ghee, softened and divided
- 4 garlic cloves chopped or minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juice (or 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock (Vegetable stock taste pretty awesome if you can find it)
- Hot sauce, the best choice in my opinion – Sriracha
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- To prepare this lemon garlic butter shrimp with zucchini zoodles, begin by washing and trimming the ends of the zucchini.
- Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini pasta.
- Remove the tails from shrimp and rinse.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp for one minute without stirring, so the bottom of the shrimps get slightly browned.
- Move the shrimp over to one side of the pan and add the mushrooms (optional) to the other side of the pan, allowing them to cook for a minute or so.
- Add chopped or minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes, then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook the shrimp on the other side. Transfer the grilled shrimp to a shallow plate.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken or vegetable stock, and hot sauce to the pan.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook until done, about 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the grilled shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately or portion out into 4 serving size bowls for a later meal.
This recipe serves 4. We love it so much that I double the recipe and separate it into serving size bowls, and wrap in saran wrap for later in the week. You could also put it in containers that can be placed in the freezer.
It works out great for busy families! Who isn’t’ busy these days?
Zesty Shrimp Zoodle
283 Calories / 7 grams fat / 16 grams carbs / 39 grams protein
This recipe is great for lunch or a light dinner. I love it because it’s so crispy and fresh, even better served during the warmer months!
It can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days.
- 1 tbsp “Land O Lakes” Butter with canola oil (substitute with avocado or olive oil)
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds raw/uncooked shrimp; preferably peeled and deveined
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chili sauce (chili paste or Thai chili sauce)
- 1 lime; for juice and zest
- In a small bowl add all sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Melt butter or other substitutes in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 or 4 minutes until pink and cooked through. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the zoodles and sauce together with the cooked shrimp and toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then divide among 4 salad bowls.
- Garnish with red pepper or chili flakes and parsley.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
The Best Grilled Shrimp Recipes from Noom!
I posted this recipe a while back, but I just felt the need to share it with you again in case you missed it.
If you love Caribbean style seafood and grilling out, get your grills and skewers ready now. This apricot grilled shrimp recipe will be great for the entire family!
For an easy clean-up, low-fat, low-calorie, delicious, and clean-eating recipe from Noom, this is a great one to start with.
30 Minute Marinade Process
- 1 cup Apricot Preserves
- 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons, soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons, grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds, large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Other Items Needed:
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Large Microwaveable Bowl
- Sauce Pan (microwave optional)
- Sharpe knife
- Cutting board
How to Prepare:
Since I’ve already written a post that tells you all about the recipe and in detailed steps, please click this link to find out how to make it;
Grilled Hawaiian Salmon with Shrimp Recipe
Per MEAL! 517 calories / 17 gr fat / 50 gr carbs / 48.6 gr protein
This delicious, easy to fix salmon and shrimp recipe is healthy, quick, and easy to clean-up.
Close your eyes and imagine; grilled Hawaiian seafood with pineapples, jasmine rice, broccoli, and cheese…
The aroma is awesomely sweet, but the taste is even better!
- 4 ounces Pink Salmon with skin
- 6 Jumbo raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Tamari Lite (to taste)
- Lemon Pepper seasoning (to taste)
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Butter or butter substitute
- Coconut Turmeric Jasmine Rice, by Village Harvest
- Brocolli & Cheese (Green Giant Simply Steam; 50 calories per serving)
Use a Griddle or frying Pan
Since I’ve already created a post about this wonderfully delicious recipe, please click the link below to find out how to prepare it.
I hope you enjoy these Low-Calorie Shrimp Recipes. I would love to know what you think if you cook any of them.
Your feedback helps keep me on track for future articles and recipes. Please comment in the section below.
Can you offer us a favorite low-calorie recipe? I’m willing to try it if you’re willing to share it!
Are you on a special diet; keto, paleo, low-carb, ect.? Please share…
Do you struggle with weight loss? Please share what works for you…
I look forward to reading your feedback and I will respond promptly to your comments, suggestions, and anything else. 🙂
Thanks for visiting Muffin Top Belly Fix!