There are many BENEFITS FROM USING COCONUT OIL – FROM HEAD TO TOE including health, weight loss management, and overall well-being. In this article I will explore the many ways it can benefit you based off of information I have researched, not from a medical doctor or nutritionist. Some of these benefits have been scientifically proven and some may only be personally seen as a myth. I hope you find what I have to say is helpful, easy to understand, and beneficial for you and your healthy living goals.
Coconut Oil and Weight Loss
Adding “Coconut Oil ” in a ketogenic diet (or a diet that’s rich in plants and wild meats), is a great way to lose weight fast. Recommended dose is 1 tablespoon a day. You can use it when cooking or just by adding it to one of my very own smoothie creations or to one of yours.
How to mix coconut oil in your smoothie? Watch this video.
When using coconut oil to cook with, you will find that your food will be juicier and more flavorful. This can be helpful when cooking those healthy tasteless meals that are sometimes dry. Coconut oil is actually one of those “Good Fats” that benefit you to eat. It contains fats such as monounsaturated fats also found in olive oil, nuts, avocado. This healthy fat can reduce high cholesterol, promotes good cholesterol, and digest slower boosting your metabolism for longer periods of time. The more energy you have the easier it is to lose weight
Coconut Oil and Fitness
Energy & Endurance – Dr. Axe said “Coconut oil makes it easier for your body to burn fat for fuel. This is ideal for athletes because it’s the type of fat with a medium-chain fats that your body can use the fastest as fuel”, (remember it helps blood sugar level’s as well which plays a big part in energy and endurance).
Do you need that adrenaline rush without the caffeine and the crashing side effects? This is the best substitute for a natural energy booster and best of all, it can aid in building muscle mass when included in a ketogenic diet. Learn more about ketogenic diet here.
Are you a coconut oil newbie? Take it slow, your body will let you know how much coconut oil it needs for that maximum muscle mass building benefit. Most people working towards building muscle mass start out with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day and work up to about 3-6 tablespoons a day.
Other Benefits from Coconut Oil – Information taken from “Dr. Axe”
- Easy to digest
- Not readily stored as fat
- Anti-microbial and anti-fungal
- Smaller in size, allowing easier cell permeability for immediate energy
- Processed by the liver, which means that they are immediately converted to energy instead of being stored as fat
1. Fights Alzheimer’s – Can help overcome Alzheimer’s naturally by including in the diet
2. Lowers blood pressure
3. Fights inflammation – Coconut Oil offers 3 types of fat your body needs more of to help fight off inflammation:
- Medium-chain fatty acids
- Omega 3 fatty acids, found in wild caught salmon and chia seeds
- Mono unsaturated fats, found in things like avocados and almonds
4. Cancer-fighting potential when following a coconut ketogenic diet along with plenty of green, leafy vegetables, and herbs like turmeric on a daily basis.;
Compounds like lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid specifically fight Candida in the body and fungal overgrowth. Dr. Axe says that some doctors believe that cancer acts as a fungus in the body and spreads and replicates in your system.
5. Helps boost the immune system – 75% of your immune system is located in your gut, in your digestive tract.
Coconut oil and bone broth helps boost your immune system and supports digestive health
6. Memory & Brain Function
7. Energy & Endurance – Coconut oil makes it easier for your body to burn fat for fuel – ideal for athletes because it’s the type of fat with a medium-chain fats that your body can use the fastest a fuel, (remember it helps blood sugar level’s as well which plays a big part in energy and endurance.
8. Improves digestion – Adding Coconut oil, bone broth, and certain herbs like licorice root, ginger root, peppermint in your diet will help improve your digestive system.
9. Eases Gallbladder disease and Liver issues – coconut oil can help ease gallbladder issues because it’s easier for your body do breakdown versus other fats including olive oil.
10. Improves skin health – coconut oil is a natural hydrator of the skin.
For acne issues you can mix coconut oil, manuka honey, and tea tree oil. Rub this mixture into the skin and washing it off is a great natural remedy for acne issues.
11. Prevents gum disease & tooth decay – “Coconut oil pulling,” can be more beneficial than flossing for fighting gum disease. Just take 1 tsp of coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth for a minute or two then spit it out in the garbage, not the sink (oil dose clog sinks).
The health of your mouth actually can play a big role in preventing things like heart disease along with other health issues of your entire body.
12. Prevents Osteoporosis – The beneficial fats found in coconut oil can help with the nutrient absorption of fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin D and Vitamin K2, helping with the prevention of Osteoporosis.
13. Improves Type II Diabetes –
Dr. Axe said, “If you want to balance those blood sugar levels and stay younger longer, you need to reduce sugar and carb consumption and consume fat, fiber, protein, and natural herbs in every meal diet.” This can potentially improve your overall health and Diabetes (Click here).
14. Weight Loss – Adding “Coconut Oil ” in a ketogenic diet (or a diet that’s rich in plants and wild meats), is a great way to lose weight fast. Recommended dose is 1 tablespoon a day. You can use it when cooking or just by adding it to your favorite smoothies. CLICK HERE for one of my favorite smoothie recipes.
Pure Coconut Oil vs Capsule Form – Pros and Cons
The best coconut oil to buy is Organic Non-refined extra virgin Coconut Oil. You can cook with it, add to your coffee or smoothie, pop popcorn with it, swish it; whatever it takes to get your coconut oil fix for the day. I like to add it to my own smoothie creations (click here for recipes), which I highly recommend. I also found a great website, “healthy oil planet” that use a variety of ingredients, I personally haven’t tried yet, but they sound delicious; Drink Away the Pounds with these Coconut Oil Weight Loss Shake Recipes.
My favorite way to take coconut oil is at its purest state, fresh out of the jar. It requires less to get the effect than if taking it in capsule form.
There are advantages of taking your dose in capsules. You can travel with it easier, making it easier to bring to work or on a trip. Taking your coconut oil by capsule when on the go would defiantly make life easier than carrying a jar of coconut oil around that could leak or be easily broken.
Some people may not be able to stomach the taste. The taste is a little more on the mild side compared to others, but the texture may not appeal to you. There are other alternatives for those of you that want to include coconut oil in their diets but can’t handle the taste. Coconut oil capsules would be a good substitute, but not as potent.
Low dosage per capsule – Depending on the amount of coconut oil you want to take in a day, you would need to take more capsules to get the same nutrients that’s in 1 tablespoon of pour coconut oil.
Most soft gel capsules are usually made of gelatin that is from collagen. If you are following a Vegan diet, then be aware that collagen can be made from animal bone and skin.
CLICK HERE for coconut oil supplements
How to Use Coconut Oil – Summary
- Healthy Popcorn Topping – pop it the traditional way in a pot using coconut oil and sea salt
- Coffee Creamer
- Smoothie Nutrient-Boosting Ingredient – For an energy boost right out of bed, try a smoothie with berries, bone broth protein powder and some coconut oil.
- Skin Moisturizer
- Natural Makeup Remover
- Coconut Oil Pulling
- Cellulite Solution – mixing coconut oil with grapefruit essential oil, rubbing it on your skin rigorously or in circle motions and right up and down on an area where you have cellulite for two minutes, can be effective at reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Stretch Mark Reducer – You can mix coconut oil with juniper oil or frankincense oil and rub into the areas with stretch marks
- Helps remove gum from hair
Coconut Oil Video with “Dr. Axe”
Shop eBay for GREAT deals by CLICKING HERE!
I hope you found my article informational and rewarding. I have heard for the last several years about how good coconut oil is for you, but never thought much about it. I was sure missing out on something so great for me! My objective when writing this article was to share this great news with my audience because I didn’t want you to be left in the dark as I had been. The benefits from adding coconut oil goes on forever. It will definitely be added to my everyday diet from here on out. Thanks for visiting my site. Please leave me any comments, suggestions, or questions in the reply box below.
Thanks and best of luck,
Please Visit and SUBSCRIBE to My YouTube Channel Below: