Have you heard about the whole foods diet plan, involving seven days of soup variations?
It is a pretty awesome diet!
It’s easy, affordable, sustainable, and one that can be prepared one week in advance!
How’s that for “Simple”?
Whole Foods Diet Plan
This diet was published in the Good Housekeeping magazine in 2000 and has been very successful for many folks. It involves making their “Basic Vegetable Soup” and adding different ingredients to it each day for dinner, which makes it totally different.
This helps mix things up a bit so that it doesn’t seem like you’re eating the same thing every day.
In fact, I served the “Minestrone Soup” to my finance for dinner over the weekend and he didn’t even know he was eating such a healthy whole food meal!
Don’t get me wrong, it will seem expensive when you go grocery shopping for all the ingredients that make up this whole food diet, but many of the ingredients, will last you much longer than a week.
I found that I actually had many of the ingredients in my cabinet already.
==> Printable Shopping List
Seven-Day Soup Diet Shopping List
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Cajun Seasoning
- Caraway Seeds
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Red Pepper
- Hot Sauce
- Mayonnaise, Light
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Olive Oil
- Peanut Butter
Fruits & Veggies
- 1 Apple
- 1 Avocado
- 4 Bags, Baby Spinach Leaves (8 or 9 ounces each)
- 1 Banana
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1-pound Carrots
- 2-bunches, Celery
- 3 Cucumbers
- 1 package (10 oz.) Grape Tomatoes
- 3/4 pound Green Beans
- 1-bunch, Green Onions
- 1 small head Green Cabbage
- 1 Kiwi
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Limes
- 4 bags (10 oz.) Mixed Greens
- 4 medium Onions
- 1 Pear
- 1-pint Raspberries
- 1-pound Red seedless grapes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 small Red Potato
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 pound Snow Peas
- 2-pints Strawberries
- 3 Tangerines
- 1 Tomato
- 5 medium Zucchini
- 1-bunch, basil
- 1 bunch, Cilantro
- 1-bunch, Dill
- 1 large head, Garlic
- Bread, whole-grain, 1 loaf (80 calories per slice)
- Brown Rice, precooked, 1 package (8.8 oz.)
- Cheerios, 1 box
- English muffins, whole-grain, 1 package
- Fusilli or Rotini pasta, whole-wheat, 1 box (16 oz.)
- Instant Oatmeal, plain, 1 box
- Pitas, whole-wheat, 1 package
- Shredded wheat cereal, 1 box
- Tortilla chips, baked, 1 bag
- Cheddar Cheese, reduced-fat, shredded, 1 package (8oz.)
- Cottage Cheese, low-fat, calcium-fortified, 1 container (8oz.)
- Eggs, 1/2 dozen
- Feta Cheese, 2 ounces
- Milk, fat-free, 1/2 gallon
- Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, 1 package (8 oz.)
- Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated, 4 ounces
- Sour Cream, reduced-fat, 1 container (8 oz.)
- Yogurt, plain, nonfat, 1 container (32 ounces)
Meat and Fish
- Bacon, 1 package (8 oz.)
- Catfish or cod fillet, skinless, 4 ounces
- Chicken Breasts, skinless, boneless, 12 ounces
- Ham, extra-lean, deli-sliced, 1/2 pound
- Roast Beef, lean, deli-sliced, 1/2 pound
- Salmon, 1 can (3 oz.)
- Shrimp, medium (8 oz.)
- Turkey, smoked, deli-sliced, 1/2 pound
- Turkey breast, ground, 1 pound
- Turkey kielbasa, 2 ounces
- Black beans, 1 can (15 oz.)
- Chicken Broth, 1 can (48 oz.), or cubes
- Coconut Milk, light, 1 can (14 oz.)
- Dill pickles, 1 jar
- Egg noodles, 1 bag
- Horseradish, 1 jar
- Hummus, 1 container (7 oz.)
- Kidney beans, white (cannellini), 2 cans (15 oz. each)
- Orange juice, calcium-fortified, 1 pint
- Raisins, 1 small box
- Red beans, roasted, 1 jar
- Rice noodles, linguine style, 1 box
- Salsa, 1 jar
- Tomatoes, whole, in juice, 2 cans (28 oz. each)
- Walnuts, 3 ounces
- Corn kernels, 1 package (10 oz.)
- Strawberries, unsweetened, 1 package (8 oz.)
Get the eBook for the Entire Diet Program!
I hope you enjoy this diet plan. Still, eat the foods you love and lose weight. Good Housekeeping knows what they’re talking about.
I’ve gained 10 pounds since I had surgery! I’m determined to lose this added weight!
My metabolism has slowed down and I’m getting older. I’ve found it very helpful, learning Food Combinations for Weight Loss!
This great “Whole Foods Diet Plan” will make you see dieting differently! It’s easy and sustainable! The soup creations are delicious.
I absolutely love being able to prepare my meals one week in advance!
Check it out on Amazon, the ebook makes it available 24/7 and it’s super cheap. 🙂
No shipping, no waiting, no printing, no remembering.
If you have your phone with you, just download the app and always have available when you need it most.
Please share any comments, suggestions, or questions in the section below. I would love to hear your thoughts about this diet.
Coming Soon, the “Basic Vegetable Soup” recipe.