Whole Foods Diet Plan; 7-Day Veggie Soup Recipe
Are you participating in or interested in a Whole Foods Diet Plan that involves the 7-Day Basic Vegetable Soup from Good Housekeeping?
It’s really interesting how this one soup recipe can be completely different just by adding a few additional ingredients.
You Got It!
This soup recipe is awesome, but when you make it into Minestrone soup, Mexican Chicken soup, Greek Fish Stew, and Southwest Chili just by adding new ingredients, it becomes even better.
We’ll get to those another time, but in the mean time, check out this recipe and give it a try. In fact, I think you would enjoy the entire diet plan! I know I certainly am!
Whole Foods Diet Plan; 7-Day Basic Veggie Soup
The soup is easy to make and makes up to 7 meals when adding other ingredients to it each day per the diet plan.
It’s easy, delicious, and the preparation for it doesn’t take to long.
Little by little, I will post more about this diet plan as I’m on it myself, and like to share my real-life photos of the foods included in the diet plan.
Purchase the eBook like I did, and get everything you need to know about it and have it nearby 24/7!
There are lots of great recipes included, a grocery list, and helpful information for eating the right foods and the right amount of food that hunger satisfying for each individual, man or woman.
==> PRINTABLE Shopping List
7-Day Basic Veggie Soup Recipe
Prep time: 40 minutes / Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes / Makes 28 cups
- 1-pound carrots, sliced
- 3 medium onions, chopped (1 1/2) pounds)
- 4 stalks, celery, sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed with a press or food processor
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole tomatoes in juice (Stewed tomatoes may be easier)
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, thinly sliced (1 pound)
- 3/4 pound green beans, each trimmed and cut into thirds (save time and buy frozen)
- 1 can (48 ounces) chicken broth (optional – use chicken broth cubes; boil in water per instructions until dissolved)
- 6 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced in half-moons (1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 bags (8-9 oz. each), baby spinach leaves
7-Day Basic Veggie Soup
- Coat a 12-quart stockpot (or 2 large saucepans) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place over medium-high heat, and add the carrots, onions, celery, and garlic; cook for 8 minutes or until the vegetables soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes with their liquid breaking up the tomatoes with the side of a spoon.
- Add the cabbage, green beans, broth, water, salt, and pepper; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase the heat to high; stir in the zucchini and spinach and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
Good Housekeeping eBook – The Amazing Soup Diet
This diet plan takes you step-by-step making things so easy. The eBook is a convenient way to have everything you need within hands reach 24/7.
The best news is, it’s very cheap too!
I hope you enjoyed my article for this whole foods diet plan, including the 7-Day veggie soup.
Still, eat the foods you love and lose weight.
Good Housekeeping knows what they’re talking about.
I’ve gained 10 pounds since I had surgery! I’m determined to lose this added weight!
My metabolism has slowed down and I’m getting older. I’ve found it very helpful, learning Food Combinations for Weight Loss!
This great whole foods Diet plan will make you see dieting differently! It’s easy and sustainable!
You’ll be amazed at how delicious the soup creations really are!
I absolutely love being able to prepare my meals one week in advance!
Check it out on Amazon, the ebook makes it available 24/7 and it’s super cheap. 🙂
No remembering (the eBook includes a shopping list)
If you have your phone with you, just download the app and always have it available when you need it most.
Please share any comments, suggestions, or questions in the section below. I would love to hear your thoughts about this diet.