DAY 2 – Whole Foods Diet Plan
Everything about this Whole Foods Diet Plan is absolutely delicious, with few exceptions!
After making the “Basic Vegetable Soup” for the week, the rest is a breeze.
Make simple, healthy meals in 20 minutes or less.
The recipes are not the same as other diet foods I’ve eaten before. They are packed with hearty vegetables, protein, and fiber!
The flavor got me hooked from Day 1!
It looks great!
Whole Foods Diet Plan
This daily diet plan is all about controlled portions, 1,200 calories-a-day. This plan was created with the intention of individuals needing to eat in between meals.
Yes, eating the basic vegetable soup between meals is OKAY, because;
It’s only 45 calories per cup!
Good Housekeeping published this Amazing Soup Diet plan!
Find a link for the ebook near the end of this article.
Keep in mind, this diet plan is family-friendly! No need to make two different meals at dinner time. Your entire family will enjoy this menu plan!
DAY 2 ==> Breakfast
- 1 cup Cheerios or 2/3 cup spoon-size shredded wheat
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free milk
In a cereal bowl, add cheerios, sliced bananas, chopped walnuts, and milk.
Eat and Enjoy!
Day 2 ==> Lunch – Caprese Salad
This Caprese Salad has become a favorite of mine! It is absolutely delicious! For the hummus, I found “Roasted Garlic Hummus” at Aldi’s and it goes perfect with the grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar, and basil.
This one is a keeper!
- 15 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 8 chunks, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 whole wheat pita
- Toss together tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. Add balsamic vinegar.
- On the side: 1/4 cup hummus with 1/2 whole wheat pita.
Day 2 – Dinner ==> Mexican Chicken Soup
- 2 cups “Basic Vegetable Soup”
- 3 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons baked tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Lime wedge
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 tangerine, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Balsamic vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, add 2 cups of the basic vegetable soup, stir in 3 ounces diced chicken, frozen corn kernels, and ground cumin.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons crumbled baked tortilla chips. (I haven’t been able to find baked tortilla chips yet)
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve with a lime wedge.
On the Side:
Tangerine & Avocado Salad
Toss 2 cups mixed greens with 1 tangerine, peeled and segmented, chopped avocado, and sliced green onions. Sprinkle with Balsamic Vinegar.
Eat and Enjoy!
The Amazing Soup Diet
From Good Housekeeping
Find the complete diet plan along with a grocery list, substitutions for the following weeks, bonus dinner recipes, and a list of healthy snacks, all in this great ebook!
I’m loving mine!
It’s a convenient way to have meals prepared ahead of time for a healthy sustainable diet.
Most people lose 5 pounds in their first week and 1-2 pounds each week after.
Get YOUR eBook TODAY from Amazon!
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do! The entire whole foods diet plan is wonderfully delicious.
Have you ever wished you could prepare a week’s worth of dinners at once?
That is the great thing about this diet plan!
It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to prepare the “Basic Vegetable Soup” recipe.
To keep it fresh, I put 2 cups of the soup in individual containers and stacked them up in the freezer, thawing them out as needed. (According to Good Housekeeping, they suggest that you put 3 cups of soup per container to freeze; I’m guess so you would have extra if you needed it between meals.)
Each day, dinner taste completely different just by adding a few ingredients, making it a unique soup.
Here are some soups you can expect to see;
- Thai Shrimp Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Southwest Chili
- Greek Fish Stew
- Red Beans & Rice Stew
I would love to hear your opinions about this diet.
Does this sound like a diet you would enjoy?
Have you tried similar diets?
Have you ever found “Baked Tortilla Chips”? I have had no luck!
Can you please share my article with your family and friends?
Please leave comments and feedback down below. I look forward to hearing from you.
Day 3 – Whole Foods Diet Plan