In this amazing Whole Foods Diet Plan, I'll even include a Printable 1200 Calorie Meal Plan for Day-3 of the soup diet from Good Housekeeping.
One of the BEST heart-healthy fish recipes I've ever tried!
If you've heard of the famous cabbage soup diet before, this won't be a surprise for you, but it's even more awesome now with 7 simple soup variations making this diet less boring!
Whole Foods Diet Plan – Printable 1200 Calorie Meal Plan
This daily diet plan is all about controlled portions; 1200 calories-a-day, eating the basic veggie soup between meals if desired.
IT'S ONLY 45 CALORIES PER CUP!
Nutritional Information (per 1-cup serving)
- Calories = 45
- Total Fat = 1 gram
- Saturated Fat = 0 grams
- Cholesterol = 0 grams
- Sodium = 410 mg
- Total Carbohydrate = 9 grams
- Dietary Fiber = 4 grams
- Sugars = 0 grams
- Protein = 2 grams
- Calcium = 0 grams
Good Housekeeping published this Amazing Soup Diet plan in the year 2000!
Find a link for the eBook near the end of this article.
The eBook will also have bonus recipes from seven-star chefs including;
- Lidia Bastianich's Mussel Super Soup
- Ming Tsai's Hot-and-Sour Super Soup
- don Pintabona's Italian Super Soup
- Madhur Jaffrey's Far Eastern Super Soup
==> Berry Yogurt Crunch
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup spoon-size shredded wheat, crumbled
- 1 cup raspberries or strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons of honey
Add the yogurt to a medium-size serving bowl and top with shredded wheat, berries, and drizzle with honey.
Eat & Enjoy!
==> Black Bean Taco Salad
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 large baked tortilla chips
- Toss the shredded Romaine lettuce, rinsed & drained black beans, sliced green onions, diced avocado, and salsa together in a salad bowl.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with 5 large baked tortilla chips.
==> Greek Fish Stew
When I first made this recipe all I had was salmon in my freezer. Rather than going out and buying Catfish or Cod, as the recipe calls for, I just made it the same way, substituting it with Salmon.
This is probably why the soup in my image above, has a little grease-like film on the top.
Cooked Salmon has…
** 22 grams of protein per 3 ounces!
In the second week, I made this same recipe and used codfish as the recipe called for. I enjoyed it, but not as well as I did with the Salmon.
Both are healthy fish, but one has more fat and calories than the other.
But if you haven't noticed already, Salmon is my favorite fish to eat.
Try out my “Oven-Baked Salmon Foil Pack with Shrimp” some time!
It's another favorite of mine!
Let's get to the Greek Fish Stew recipe, shall we…
- 1 small red potato, diced
- 2 cups Basic Vegetable Soup
- 4 ounces skinless catfish or cod, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium saucepan add diced red potatoes and water to cover. Heat to boiling then cover and reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Pour off the water.
- Add 2 cups basic vegetable soup and fish. Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes or until fish turns opaque.
- Gently stir in chopped fresh dill.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese before serving.
Eat & Enjoy!
The Amazing Soup Diet
From Good Housekeeping
Good Housekeeping has published this wonderful whole foods diet plan all in one little ebook which is packed with meal plans, food substitutes, healthy snacks, and top chef recipes.
I'll provide DAY 3's “Printable 1200 Calorie Meal Plan” right now, but if you want all the other great recipes and food suggestions, the ebook is a convenient way to go.
Most people lose 5 pounds in their first week and 1-2 pounds each week after.
Get YOUR eBook from Amazon TODAY!
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do!
I've been eating this soup diet plan for 2 weeks now and going into my 3rd!
I still love it just as much as I did when I first started it!
Preparing a week's worth of dinners all at once is such a time saver!
Once again, keep in mind, this whole foods diet plan is very family-friendly.
There's no need to make two meals! Your family will love it too!
It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to prepare the “Basic Vegetable Soup” recipe.
Just freeze the extras in small containers and thaw out as you are ready for it. This helps keep it nice and fresh.
Each day, dinner taste completely different just by adding a few ingredients, making it a unique soup.
Here are some soups you can expect to see in the eBook;
- Day 1 = Minestrone Soup
- Day 2 = Mexican Chicken Soup
- Day 3 = Greek Fish Stew
- Day 4 = Southwest Chili
- Day 5 = Thai Shrimp Soup
- Day 6 = Goulash
- Day 7 = Red Beans & Rice Stew
I would love to hear your opinions about this diet.
Does this sound like a diet you would enjoy?
Is it similar to other diets you've tried?
I would greatly appreciate it if you would share my articles with your family and friends as well.
Please leave comments and feedback down below.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Day 4 – Healthy Food, Eat, Lose Weight on Whole Foods Diet Plan
Let's have Southwest Chili for dinner!